Friday, May 27, 2011

Two Gents Gluebook Page

It's been so long since I created a gluebook page, I almost didn't know where to begin!  And I do so want to make a real gluebook, working directly in a Moleskin with as many vintage papers as I can.  So I reviewed the lessons from the Vintage Gluebook course I took with Mary Green last year, looked at the pages I made for class, and finally created this, my first page.

Everything is vintage except the photo.  The map is from a 1930s textbook that belonged to my grandma.  I purchased the 1910 penny postcard at a flea market and the pre-1900 German prayer book at a tag sale.  As you can see, the prayer book is in terrible shape, but that only makes for a more interesting collage.



Thanks for visiting my blog.  Have a fabulous weekend!

Supplies:
Moleskin journal (5 x 8.25 inches); glue stick; vintage papers; clip art from Alpha Stamps.

2 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Ella Jane,
beautiful GB page!!TFS. You want to make me dig out my GB:)Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Joanna said...

Ditto Marie's comments! You've made me want to get out my GB too!

Brilliant page, love the vintage bits - the tattier the better!

x