The background is a page from my grandpa's botany textbook. I colored the cornstalk with Prismacolor pencils and added some Victorian Velvet distress ink around the edges. I was inspired by the Found Poetry-athon at ATCs for All this weekend to pull out a 1920s novel in search of some words that were fitting for this card, and I was not disappointed.My grandpa did not finish high school because as the oldest son, he had to leave school in order to help on the farm when his dad became ill. He was a tall, lanky guy; quiet and kind of shy. He may have been overlooked by some girls, but thankfully my grandma fancied him! Together they raised three girls (my mom being one of them) on that same farm.
Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Cardstock ATC base; photocopy of a family photo; page from an early 1900s botany textbook; text from a 1920s novel; Prismacolor Premier pencils; Victorian velvet and frayed burlap distress ink; light charcoal pencil; Stazon saddle brown ink.
1 comment:
Ah, sweet story. Super ATC too - I love that you use images of family members, it makes them so personal and more interesting.
Great sentiment to go with it.
xxx
ps hurrah that you can now leave a comment!
Post a Comment