Sunday, March 19, 2017

Mini House-athon Notecards

I like to make notecards to protect any ATCs, or in this case, moo houses, that I send through the mail.  They help to prevent any mishaps when the envelopes go whizzing through the postal machines.

(c) 2017 Suitable for Framing

Since I needed to make several, I kept them pretty simple.  Each one was a variation on the same theme:  a mail carrier image stamped onto an old book page that was matted with maps from an old atlas.  I turned the mail carrier into a "postage stamp person" by adhering an old postage stamp over his head.  I added faux postal cancellation stamps to finish the tableau.

(c) 2017 Suitable for Framing

The mail carrier was stamped using blueprint sketch distress ink.  In this group photo, the card on the right gives a better representation of how deep the color is in real life.  And here is a link to Deep Red Stamps, so you can see what the mail carrier looks like with his original head.  He's part of a great stamp set for anyone who likes to make or send mail art.

Thanks for dropping by!  Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

jenclair said...

I love the way you matted and framed these! Each card a little work of art.:)

Annie said...

What a great idea! Not to mention your partner gets a little extra mail art from you created by your grand creative mind! Bonus!

A Mynah Production said...

*Squeal! I love 'em! ...and I traded with you!! :D

Gemininorn said...

Great idea to replace the mail carriers head with a stamp. Your cards look fabulous.

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

I have that stamp -- good job!!!!