Sunday, March 12, 2017

Dream Weaver and Watch - Moo Houses

I've continued to make mini houses this weekend.  They are so much fun!  It's also a good way to use up those smaller scraps that are just too precious to throw away.  And because I was using scraps, I ended up making a bunch of single moo houses rather than coordinating pairs or trios.

(c) 2017 Suitable for Framing

These two started out with the same background paper, but then diverged.  No. 6, Dreamweaver, was made especially for someone who requested a woman in "my style."  I used one of my favorite images from Artistic Outpost that I colored with Prismacolor Premier pencils.  The 6 is a rub-on and the word on the roof is a word sticker from Tim Holtz.

No. 7, Watch, features a watch stamped on tissue paper.  It was adhered to the background using matte gel medium, which dries clear and allows the background to show through.  The eye and number 7 are both rub-ons.  I added color to the eyelid using a marker and Prismacolor pencil.  The word watch was cut from a reproduction 1900 Sears and Roebuck Catalog.  You wouldn't believe how cheaply you could buy a nice pocket watch back then.  Plain ones cost as little as 98 cents, while the most expensive men's watch, gold-filled, was only $9.60.  A fancy one made with Alaskan silver and featuring a "corrugated" pattern on the case cost $2.65.  I wonder what they would be worth now?

I still have more moo houses to make, so I better get cracking!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I am so in love with your moo series!!! Love these both!