This next trio of moo houses is what my mom would call a "Duke's mixture." By that I mean they're a real hodgepodge of ideas and themes, completely unrelated to each other. That happens when you're digging through your stash and using whatever grabs you at the moment.
"Life is Good" started with a rub-on of a large fork. I adhered it to a salmon-colored paper that I dry brushed with titanium white acrylic paint. The text is a word sticker by Tim Holtz. The gingham check paper used on the roof reminded me of the tablecloths often used in diners.
"Long Distance" features another RCA Victor dog from a 1947 Life magazine ad. A friend of mine whose husband loves old radios did some Googling and found out that the dog was named Nipper. In this image Nipper is wearing a jaunty Scottish-style hat. The number 9 and the long distance dialing information at the bottom are rub-ons. I really like to use rub-ons on small pieces like this because they don't cover up everything.
"Second Prize" developed out of one of the optional themes set for the Mini House-athon: Monopoly. The game was in the news recently because it was announced that the iron has been retired in favor of a cat. In addition, March 19 is World Monopoly Day. I've made mini houses before using the Monopoly property deeds (you can see my posts about them here and here), so this time I decided to use one of the Community Chest cards. The hardest part about this house was fussy-cutting the image and the text. Thankfully everything I wanted to use fit just perfectly.
I hope you're enjoying my moo houses. Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
More fun moo houses! I'm old, so everything for these great new moos is familiar to me. LoL. Are you trading these or building something or what? I'm so curious! I did not know monopoly was retiring the iron. What...someone didn't like the iron? Was it not env'iron'ly friendly or something?
Your Moo's are so fantastic...I could have been in an "A-thon" with just you! just battling it out! A Moo battle! LOL!
Post a Comment