For these two moo houses, I combined two of the optional themes set for the Mini House-athon: Monopoly and All Things Green.
I started with the Pacific and Pennsylvania Avenue deed cards from my $3.00 Craigslist Monopoly game. The Pacific reference reminded me that I have some German scrap fish and seashell images in my stash. Most of the images were simply too large for a moo house, but I was able to make these two fish work by adhering them at a sharp angle. I first doctored up the backgrounds with some grungy (distressed style) rub-ons. The roofs were cut from the same Monopoly cards and doctored up with rub-ons that I colored with a yellow ochre marker. The small crowns were on the same sheet of rub-ons and I thought they would be rather whimsical, so I added them. The scan doesn't show this well, but the jewels on the crowns were colored red with a marker. The red was just the small amount of complimentary color that these houses needed.
These mini houses look super cool in real life and have so much detail, it's almost mind-boggling! I'm happy to say that they will be staying together
Have a fabulous day!
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are so clever with these moos! You've almost convinced me that I've got to do some moos too. Almost. I need to finish my inchie project first. You can't have a fisher king without crown now can you. Love that detail.
Your Moo houses are all so beautiful! I have to admire your ability to collage a balanced picture.
Post a Comment