Monday, December 13, 2010

2-5-7-10 Joyeux Noel Boxes

I'm doing a Secret Santa gift exchange with some friends and wanted to include a little something for their families.  I finally settled on creating a 2-5-7-10 box for each of them and filling it with their favorite candies.


I used heavy kraft cardstock for the base of the boxes and decorated them with stamps from Artistic Outpost.  To finish off the vintage look, I lightly inked all of the edges with distress ink and tied the boxes with twine from the hardware store.  Here is a close-up of one of the boxes.


I'm very pleased with how the boxes look and I can't wait to hear what my friend and her family thinks, especially when they find their favorite bite-sized treats inside. Thanks for stopping by! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Artistic Outpost; kraft cardstock and very vanilla cardstock by Stampin' Up; red, green, or blue cardstock by Bazzill; Stazon black ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; antique linen, brushed corduroy, barn door, and aged mahogany distress ink; Stickles; tag punch; twine; Terrifically Tacky Tape.

4 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Ella Jane,
your Noel boxes are beautiful and I think your friends will love it.
Such treasures.Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Lynn Stevens said...

Love your little boxes ,Adorable!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful holiday boxes, wonderful coloring! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images!

Carolina said...

Dh can have the candy. I am keeping the box. Its fabulous, such detail. The coloring is amazing