Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Stockings Were Hung

I found this project idea in the 2010 Somerset Holidays and Celebrations magazine (Volume 4).  I'm happy with how it turned out, especially since this was my first attempt and the magazine didn't include really explicit instructions.

You start by using Heat-n-Bond Lite to adhere the sheet music to the muslin.  I used dark green canvas for the back.  My stocking is more decorative than functional, mainly because it won't hold much more than a gift card due to its size (it's only eight inches tall and 3.5 inches wide, and pretty flat!).

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Muslin; green canvas; vintage sheet music; Heat-n-Bond Lite; sewing machine; pinking shears; burgundy scalloped ribbon and burgundy velvet ribbon from Michaels; lace ribbon from the fabric store; Tim Holtz ruler ribbon; burgundy and ivory buttons from my stash; gold embroidery thread; silk leaves; black craft wire; Golden gel medium.

No comments: