Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dancing Through the Years

As teenagers and young adults in the 1950s, my parents spent a lot of nights in ballrooms and dance halls, as going to a dance was the quintessential date.  Now that they're retired and spending the winters in Arizona, they once again have the chance to "shake a leg" at dances and I'm proud to say that as they approach their 52nd wedding anniversary, they've still got it!


I colored this image with Prismacolor Premier pencils and used odorless mineral spirits to blend.  The unmounted rubber stamp was a gift from a friend so I don't know the manufacturer. 

You can probably tell from this photo that we have NO sunlight today.  In fact, it's raining and it's foggy enough that the airport has had to cancel flights.  At least it's warm enough to melt some of the snow.

I hope the weather is cheerier in your location!  Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamp: Unknown; black cardstock by Bazzill; whisper white cardstock from Stampin' Up; Archival jet black ink; decorative papers from Me and My Big Ideas; oval and scalloped oval Nestabilities; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; Martha Stewart border punch; dark pink eyelets.

No comments: