I've never been into horror films and I don't believe in zombies, but a real, live bat? Yuck! So surprisingly, a bat is the focal image of this artist trading card I made for the Halloween and Autumn All-Types-of-Art-athon this weekend on the ATCs for All website.
I started with a background of paper scraps left over from my other Halloween projects, then layered on acrylic paint, vintage German text, distress inks, stenciling, and rubber stamping. I stamped the bat from Oxford Impressions and trimmed it closely before adhering. The English book text is my "found poetry" from a 1920s novel; I think it really contributes to the eerie feeling of this card.
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Cardstock ATC base; patterned papers by Authentique; German book text; English book text; white acrylic paint; peeled paint, dusty concord, black soot, vintage photo and frayed burlap distress inks; alphabet stencil; Pitt black artist pen; white and black charcoal pencil; bat image from Oxford Impressions; post mark stamp by Stampa Rosa; Marvy marker (crimson lake); Adirondack black acrylic paint dabber.
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love it! Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie
Post a Comment