Sunday, July 24, 2011

Is that a Banana in Your Pocket?

Or are you just happy to see me?  (grin)  Actually, it's a cucumber in the garden, and we are THRILLED to see it.


I hadn't nosed around in the cucumber patch this weekend due to rain, so I was kind of surprised to find this monster out there today.  Just a couple of days ago it was only half as big.  It's about eight inches long now and ready to harvest.  The Master Gardener will be home later this afternoon; I'll give him the pleasure of plucking this baby off the vine.

ETA:  Five cucumbers have been picked!  The Master Gardener was more excited than a kid opening his presents on Christmas morning.  Guess what we're having for dinner? 

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I do love fresh cucumbers with a bit of onion, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes ... yum.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

A gardeners delight!!
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Marie