After having several VIPs (Very Important Projects) not go the way I hoped the last couple of weeks, I needed to regroup and get my confidence back (and stop over-thinking everything!). So last night I sat down to create an ATC incorporating some of my favorite images.
Some World War I-era sheet music, a post-war European map, and this mustached soldier came together to create a card that evokes the time period of the Great War. Now I hope to get back to my VIPs and not only complete them, but be happy with the results.
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Cardstock ATC base; vintage sheet music; vintage map from a geography textbook; clip art gent from Alpha Stamps; postmark rubber stamps by Tim Holtz and Inkadinkado; peeled paint and walnut stain distress ink; black Stazon; medium charcoal pencil.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That happens sometimes, doesn't it? It helps to restore your confidence to return to your tried and tested style that you know you can do brilliantly - as you have here. This is a wonderful ATC, great image and perfectly placed with the mixed background.
Good luck with the VIP's - you know you can do it!
x
Love how all of the elements come together in this design ... fabulous.
Post a Comment