Thursday, July 28, 2011

Citron Journal Pages

I couldn't sleep early this morning due to another round of storms that blew through, so I spent some time making a couple of backgrounds in my Strathmore visual journal.


I started by lightly spritzing some water on the pages and painting them with yellow citron acrylic paint.  I used a paper towel to spread the paint around and to lift some of it off.  Next I randomly added more of the yellow citron (not diluted this time), using a dry brush so that the brush strokes are still visible.  I spattered on some calypso blue acrylic paint using an old toothbrush (giving myself a lovely blue thumbnail in the process!).  The final layer was made using a Tim Holtz mask along the edges and spraying with gold Smooch Spritz.  I used a dry brush to pull some of the Smooch Spritz across the page, extending the shimmer toward the middle.

Eventually these pages will have some journaling and collage elements added to them.  But they look pretty just the way they are, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: 
Strathmore 5.5x8 inch Visual Journal with 140 lb. watercolor paper; Folk Art Artists' Pigment 503 yellow citron; Americana calypso blue; Tim Holtz mask; Smooch Spritz; two-inch paint brush; old toothbrush; paper towels.

No comments: