I've had several pieces of mail art come in, so I better get cracking on sending some out!
This clip-art fish was the perfect size for a postcard. I adhered him to a vintage map and added the bubbles using watercolor pencils and acrylic paint. The sea-themed sentiments are from Red Lead Paperworks.
I'm usually not one for puns, but the title of this postcard basically wrote itself thanks to the map I chose at random. It reminded me of a letter a friend wrote to me from college (many moons ago). In that letter she told me that she was thinking of studying abroad in "Whales." She misspelled Wales several times in her letter, and the thought of it still makes me smile.
Have a fabulous day!
Supplies:
4x6 index card; vintage geography book map; clip-art fish from a Stampington magazine; sentiment from Red Lead Paperworks; Ranger Archival black ink; faux post mark by Inkadinkado; black soot and tumbled glass distress ink; titanium white acrylic paint; Derwent watercolor pencils; naturals ivory cardstock from Stampin' Up; postcard image by Tim Holtz.
Monday, August 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know how I feel about fish...and "whales." LOL! Great postie :)
hahaha...a fun postcard! And a funny story to go with it. Your art with maps is always right in the right place.
Post a Comment