I purchased a stack of vintage Locomotive Inspection forms at an antique shop a while ago. The forms had not been filled out, but someone had used the backs (and like in this case, the front) to calculate something akin to those awful word problems in math class: "If a train leaves Chicago at 5:00 a.m. heading west at 75 mph, and another train leaves Denver at 4:00 a.m. heading east at 62 mph, at what time will the trains meet at Grand Island, Nebraska?" I suppose nowadays the engineers simply plug all this information into a computer, but back in the dark ages they had to figure out this information on their own. And we poor pupils were tortured with figuring out the answer the old-fashioned way, even though the likelihood of us working for the railroad was pretty slim.
But I digress. One portion of the inspection form became the background for my card. Another portion was used for the ATC-sized focal image. The paper was fragile and had a nice patina, but it still needed something so I used distress inks and acrylic paint to grunge-it-up a little. My dapper gent from Artistic Outpost was stamped on a piece of vanilla cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils before being adhered. I used acrylic paints to add some age to the copper gear pieces before adhering them.
The old cancelled postage stamp (still clinging to a piece of envelope) was in my stash. I had so much fun making this card, and I know that Ron will enjoy inspecting all the interesting bits and pieces.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!
Supplies:
Espresso and dark green cardstocks by Bazzill; vintage railroad inspection form; very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; stamps from Artistic Outpost; compass stamp by Stampabilities; splatter pattern background stamp by All Night Media; Ranger Archival black ink; forest moss, vintage photo, pumice stone and black soot distress ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; titanium white acrylic paint; Ranger Adirondack acrylic paint dabber (espresso); Derwent charcoal pencil; Martha Stewart border punch; punchinella; metal gears unknown; vintage postage stamp from my stash.




4 comments:
Wow-- great "vintagey-ness!" Well done! Neat railroad paper too-- good buy!
You love making masculine cards ... because you ROCK at it ... love all fo the fabulous details.
I'VE had fun inspecting all your great details and bits and pieces. Fantastic card!
Ugh! I'm so jelly over how grand you are! This is just way too kewl. Seriously!
Post a Comment