I had no idea what I was going to do for my altered envelope partner this month, so for inspiration I started digging through one of my art drawers that is full of vintage ephemera. I found an old bingo card that I bought several years ago and decided to use it.
The sheet music and French postage stamp along the bottom are old but the other clip art images, including the birds, are new items. I aged and blended everything using acrylic paint, distress inks and a "Distressed Effects" rub-on by My Mind's Eye that is so old I'm surprised it's not completely dried up.
On the reverse, I added a stamped postcard header by Tim Holtz. Although I could send this through the mail naked, I will probably put it in a clear cellophane envelope in order to give it some protection. The bingo card is old and the corners, which are a little frayed, could easily get caught and damaged if sent through a modern postal machine.
Thanks for popping in! Have a wonderful day.
Supplies:
Vintage bingo card and sheet music; vintage French postage stamp; bird clipart image from Stampington and Company; other clipart images from ArtChix Studio; titanium white acrylic paint; black soot, pumice stone and forest moss distress ink; Derwent light tinted charcoal pencil; My Mind's Eye Distressed Effects rub-on; postal cancellation stamp by Stampa Rosa; postcard stamp by Tim Holtz; Ranger Archival black ink.
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Gorgeous!
I love the vintage and distressed look you've created. Those birds are great colors. The bottom of the envie looks so awesome distressed and all blended. Impressive!
Next time that anything from you comes my way...I want something like that!
Your work is always soooo lovely, simply wonderful!
Post a Comment