This journal page was inspired by the week 16 challenge on The Documented Life Project: add a cardboard food box in a creative way.
I started by adhering some paper scraps from recent projects (which killed two birds with one stone: cleaning up my craft table AND hiding some obnoxious orange paint already on the page. I had such high hopes for that orange background, as you can tell from this post. But it's been over a year and it still wasn't speaking to me, so the orange had to go!). I added a layer of white gesso over the paper scraps, then went to the recycling bin and pulled out a Little Debbie Nutty Bars box I had thrown in earlier. You can probably figure out which rabbit hole I fell down after that.
Thanks for popping by! Have a fabulous day.
Supplies:
Strathmore 5.5 x 8 Visual Journal (Mixed Media); Liquitex Basics acrylic paint; gesso; paper scraps; Sharpie Paint Pens; letter stickers; stencil; vintage dictionary page; punchinella; Nutty Bars box.
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Fantastic ... absolutely love it and the orange accents are perfection.
Post a Comment