Friday, May 16, 2014

Have a Beautiful Day - Altered Envelope Mail Art

It's that time again!  Time to send off this month's mail art envelope to my partner. 


I started with a handmade envelope of watercolor paper that I loosely brushed with a variety of colors ranging from yellow to red violet and purple.  By laying a piece of plastic wrap on top of the wet paint and holding it there for a couple of minutes, I ended up with a fabulous patterned background.


The flowers and sentiment were stamped and heat-embossed in black to give them shine and definition.  The French script and postal cancellations were added using permanent ink.  I stenciled on distress inks through punchinella, and used the end of an old-fashioned hair curler and silver acrylic paint to stamp the large circles. 

Have a fabulous weekend!

Supplies:
Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper; Schmincke Horadam watercolor paints; plastic wrap; frame stamp by Hampton Art Stamps; flower stamp by Penny Black; sentiment by Printworks; French script stamp by Tim Holtz; splatter pattern stamp by All Night Media; postal cancellation stamps by 7 Gypsies; letter stamps by Lawn Fawn; letter stencil by Tim  Holtz; Versamark ink; black soot, dusty concord and fired brick distress inks; black embossing powder; Ranger Archival black ink; punchinella (sequin waste); Stazon royal purple ink; silver acrylic paint; Sakura Pen-touch silver pen; Pitt black artist pen; Adirondack black and silver acrylic paint dabber.

2 comments:

Annie said...

This envelope makes me think of a late last hoorah of summer. I love how original and unique your envelope art is!

Diane said...

How cool! Love it.