Friday, May 2, 2014

Bloom Part Deux with Poppy Magnet

Hi Everyone!  TGIF!  I liked this poppy birthday card so much that I decided to make another one.  I simply selected different patterned papers (and used one of my favorite color combinations: red, black, and cream).


I also created an altered domino magnet to coordinate with the card.  Here are the two together.  There's some glare on the card at this angle because the poppy is coated with Glossy Accents.  Not only does that give the poppy added dimension, but it intensifies the colors.


I'm thinking I really need to find some place in the yard to plant a few poppies.  I've been reading up on them!   

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Supplies:
Card:  Black cardstock by Bazzill; soft suede and very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; seed packet and sentiment stamp from Artistic Outpost; poppy from Oxford Impressions; Ranger Archival black ink; gathered twigs distress ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; patterned papers by My Mind's Eye and DCWV; Swiss dot embossing folder; Cuttlebug; small oval and scalloped oval punches from Stampin' Up; Glossy Accents; pop-dots.
Domino: plastic domino (1x2 inch); scrap from an old Czech book page; dusty concord and vintage photo distress ink; poppy from Oxford Impressions; very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; Ranger Archival black ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; sentiment rub-on by Tim Holtz; Krylon 18K gold-leaf pen; glossy acrylic spray sealant; Glossy Accents; magnets.

3 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Love both, so beautiful. TFS.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Marie

Diane said...

Gorgeous! I have a few poppy buds. No blooms yet.

SmilynStef said...

Love the domimo magnet ... I have tons of dominos, but haven't actually made anything with them.