I created this card for an ATC swap. The theme is still life and I considered doing something more traditional (a group of pears, a vase on a table, etc.), but I just wasn't feeling it. So I dug through my stamps and supplies looking for other inanimate objects to inspire me, and eventually settled on this vintage bicycle.
The background started with a faux vintage postcard from a DCWV paper stack. I added the red patterned paper and stamped on the handwriting before using an old credit card to swipe on some white acrylic paint.
The vintage bicycle (called a penny farthing, I just learned tonight) and the yard stick images are rub-ons. I used distress inks and black acrylic paint around the edges for additional color and aging.
Thanks for dropping by! Have a wonderful day.
Supplies:
Cardstock ATC base; faux vintage postcard from DCWV Timeless Type Stack; red patterned paper from my scrap bin; French Post stamp by Hero Arts; splatter pattern stamp by All Night Media; Ranger Archival black ink; frayed burlap and crushed olive distress ink; bicycle rub-on from Michaels; yard stick rub-on by 7 Gypsies; Adirondack black acrylic paint dabber.
Saturday, May 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wonderful layering of elements ... I especially love the swipe of paint.
What a great, cool ATC! I love all the subtle layer changes. I'm a sucker for vintage life.
Great job! Love the way it sort of melds together.
Post a Comment