Taking care of my mom after her knee surgery has meant that I haven't had a lot of time for leisure activities. But she continues to improve each day which means she can do more things for herself, freeing me to get down and dirty at my art table. And just in time, too, because I still had to make a father's day card for my dad.
When I don't have a specific idea for a card, I flip through my Artistic Outpost stamps and hope that one jumps out at me. This handsome gent from the Gatsby set gave me a sly wink as I passed by, sealing his fate for the evening. I started by stamping him twice on a patterned pattern by BoBunny. The first image was diecut with a Spellbinders oval; from the second image I fussy-cut my gent and adhered him on top of the first for dimension. (And I just noticed that I lopped off his left ear, poor fellow!)
For the background, I doctored up two other patterned papers from the same BoBunny collection. That included dry-brushing white acrylic paint, applying molding paste through a stencil, rubber stamping, and sponging on various distress inks. I can't describe how much joy this process gives me; I could play for hours this way. After adding the sentiment and some tinted charcoal pencil for shading, I sprayed the entire collage with acrylic sealant. My Father's Day greeting was added to the inside of the card after the front was dry and assembled.
I hope you're having a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Brown cardstock by Bazzill; patterned papers by BoBunny; titanium white acrylic paint; Golden molding paste; Tim Holtz ruler stencil; fired brick, wild honey, gathered twigs, walnut stain and pine needles distress ink; Derwent forest pine and natural tinted charcoal pencil; rubber stamps from Artistic Outpost; star stamp by Tim Holtz; Ranger Archival black ink; oval and lacy oval Nestabilities by Spellbinders; border bunch by EK Success; pop-dots.
Sunday, June 19, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Nice!
Marvelous card, Karen! His hearing is now impaired, but that usually comes with age anyway. He'll be all right. Just speak up when he is around. Do you wear gloves when you get into that background play mode? It sounds wild. But it turns out scrumptious looking! I'm sure your Dad had a fabulous Father's Day. I'm glad to hear that Mom is getting along quite well.
Love the handsome image you've picked for this Fathers Day card, I'm sure your Dad will have appreciated this.
Thanks for sharing at Artistic Outpost.
Avril xx
You're a start too dahling! You're parents are lucky to have you taking care of them and art'in them too!! Sending speedy healing juju your way luv. :)
Wow, this looks fabulous and I am sure your father loved it!! Great job with the background and the AO gent looks perfect (even without his ear :-)). Thanks for sharing with us at The Artistic Outpost:-)
Post a Comment