This is the thank you card I sent to my mom's cousin after we visited them last month (see this blog post). Because most of the family lives in our vicinity, this cousin and her husband always have to drive here for reunions, funerals, or just to get together for fun. But the road goes in both directions, as the saying goes, and we decided it had been too long since we had been to their place. After a delicious lunch, we had a wonderful afternoon exploring their neck of the woods.
For this card I started with the vintage tricycle image by Deep Red Stamps. I heat-embossed the tricycle in black and after selecting the patterned paper for the background, I lightly colored the trike with Prismacolor pencils to coordinate. The sheet music and book text are both vintage scraps from my stash. To integrate the new papers with the old, I sponged old paper distress ink around all the edges, stamped on a splatter pattern and randomly stenciled gathered twigs distress ink through a piece of punchinella.
Thanks for popping in! Have a fabulous day.
Supplies:
Blue cardstock (unknown); very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; patterned paper by Making Memories; Versafine watermark ink; black embossing powder; tricycle image from Deep Red; vintage sheet music and book text; Prismacolor Premier pencils; old paper and gathered twigs distress ink; splatter pattern background stamp by All Night Media; round and scalloped round Nestabilities by Spellbinders; sentiment diecut by Little Yellow Bicycle; black cardstock by Bazzill; punchinella.
Saturday, June 18, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a delightful card design for a thank you. You think of the best details to add to your designs.
As always, m'dear, 'tis a suhweet one! :)
Post a Comment