In my attempt to get my mojo back, I've decided to try the ICAD Challenge (Index Card a Day) this year. The concept is simple enough: create something every day on a cheap index card. As the hostess says, "The challenge is about the DOING and not the KEEPING or PRESERVING or ARCHIVING. It is the process of creating each day that matters." This is exactly the kind of challenge I need right now. So I bought some unlined 4x6 index cards at an office supply store and away we go!
The theme for week one is drawing and doodling with pens, markers and ink. The prompt for day one is chevron. All themes and prompts are optional, but in this case they did give me an idea. I drew a simple coneflower and colored it using Derwent watercolor pencils and a water brush. I then stippled on distress inks through a chevron stencil and a piece of punchinella.
More information on ICAD can be found here. It just started today but you can join anytime.
Happy June 1! Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
4x6 unlined index card; Golden white gesso; Derwent watercolor pencils; Niji water brush; Ranger wild honey and dusty concord distress ink; chevron stencil by Studio Calico (Huey's Masks); piece of punchinella Staedtler pigment liner pen; vintage sheet music; Tim Holtz number stencil; date stamper.
Monday, June 1, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey, I'm "icading" too! Look forward to seeing your work there. Do you post them on flickr? That's what I do. Your first card is really nice-- like the sheet music addition.
I'm in a bit of a slump my self...
It will be fun watching your ICAD challenge process. Great start! I'm always hoping someday I'll have the time to do this, but since the point to play with art every day, I do already do that. Even if it's only for 5 minutes. I think your daily cards will be awesome and most likely quite inspiring.
Post a Comment