A buddy of mine had a scary (no pun intended!) fall at home and after a lengthy hospital stay, he is now in a care center for rehab. He doesn't want any visitors yet so I put together a small Halloween care package to brighten his day.
I started by making another quick skeleton card. Using an old credit card, I scraped some gesso rather thickly onto an old book page. I stamped the skeleton and a little crackle background, then stenciled on some distress inks through a piece of punchinella.
I also created this 2-5-7-10 box to hold some poison, I mean, candy treats. I've made some of these before and they are super easy. You can find the tutorial here on Splitcoaststampers. Make sure you use a sturdy cardstock for the box (I used Stampin' Up basic black cardstock which is an 80 lb paper) and extra strong adhesive. I decorated the box using a patterned paper by Authentique and images from Oxford Impressions and Artistic Outpost.
It's hard to put together a care package for a man, but he likes to do crossword puzzles so I included a couple of puzzle books and some mechanical pencils. I hope he enjoys the surprise.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Black cardstock from Stampin' Up; orange and kraft cardstock by Bazzill; patterned paper by Authentique; very vanilla carrdstock from Stampin' Up; skull and raven stamp from Oxford Impressions; poison stamp from Artistic Outpost; Ranger Archival black ink; vintage photo and antique linen distress ink; mini black brads; plaid ribbon from Michaels.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm sure I'll be not feeling quite well right around Christmas time and I won't want any visitors yet, but I'll be watching for a wonderful holiday care package from you that I know will brighten my day. This Halloween day brightener is awesome! Perfectly thoughtful of you. Love the idea of calling the treats "poison".
LOL Annie! I'll try to remember that you already phoned in a sick day. :)
First off, so nice of you to think of a friend that might need some cheering. Your card is fab, but dang! I love that treat box!
Post a Comment