Friday, October 24, 2014

Trick or Treat

My Nomad in the Woodland ATC is going to an artist in California. Since this trade was part of a Halloween-themed swap, I decided to make a Halloween card for her also.

Suitable for Framing

I started by swiping some white gesso onto a page torn from an old Czech book.  While that dried, I searched my stash for the other papers.  I stamped the skeleton from Oxford Impressions with black ink and added some stenciling using punchinella and distress ink.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fabulous Friday.

Supplies:
Purple and orange cardstock by Bazzill; patterned paper by Authentique; vintage book page; skeleton stamp by Oxford Impressions; Ranger Archival black ink; crushed olive and dusty concord distress inks; cursive text stamp (unknown); Ranger Archival watering can ink; vintage photo distress ink; Golden gesso.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Super! The gesso was a great idea!

A Mynah Production said...

I'm a big fan of having old book pages as part of mixed media art. Love what you've done. :)

Annie said...

Oh, so simple but with loads of Halloween impact. I love it!