The first technique was laying plastic wrap, horizontally and unevenly (i.e., with wrinkles), across the wet blue paint. By holding it in place for several minutes while the paint dries, it creates waves or white caps across the water without any effort at all. Once that dried, we painted in the pile mooring and its reflection. I finished my painting when I got home by adding the sky (*love* how that turned out), and the sand. However, I was not as happy with the dead tree and some rocks on the right side of my painting. I couldn't fix them, and the painting was horribly off-balance, so I simply cut them off. HA! (Not all watercolor tricks are done with the paint brush.)Considering I haven't spent much time boating or on the shore, and was not working from a photograph, I think I was able to create a lovely water scene with a believable reflection.
Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment