Monday, October 7, 2013

Candy Bar Pull-Up Treat - Thank You

I think I mentioned that I'm taking another watercolor class.  I'm enjoying it and finally putting all of my painting supplies to real use!  However, one item that hasn't been working for me well is the art board I bought to paint on.  It's just too large and unwieldy.  As luck would have it, the gal I've been sitting next to in class has a similar board and found she was having the same problem. She had her husband trim her board to make it smaller, and she volunteered him to do the same to mine!  So last week before class was over, I decided how much I wanted cut off and she took the board home with her.

I asked whether her husband liked any particular treat that I could give him as a thank you and she said, "Chocolate!  And he likes the cheap stuff: Hershey's with Almonds."  (Hmmm, I like the cheap stuff, too!)  So I bought a large Hershey's with Almonds for him and created this special packaging for it.

It's a fairly easy project, but I did have to figure out my own dimensions since I was covering one of the extra large candy bars (you can find the tutorial for Pull-Up Treats here on Splitcoaststampers).  I kept the embellishments simple and masculine.  The eyes from Artistic Outpost were stamped on a Tim Holtz ticket, and I used a tag-shaped punch for the sentiment.

Happy Monday!  Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Brown and tan cardstock by Bazzill; black cardstock from Stampin' Up; patterned paper by DCWV; Tim Holtz ticket; eye/glasses stamp from Artistic Outpost; thank you stamp by Recollections (Michaels); Ranger Archival black ink; vintage photo and peeled paint distress ink; antique crackle background stamp (unknown); tag-shaped punch; antique brass mini eyelet; metal key (unknown); black waxed linen thread by Books by Hand, from Dick Blick; black satin ribbon from Michaels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Tag!! Love those eyes. Thanks for sharing. Karen.x

Julie Lee said...

What a great idea for a gift. I love the chocolate colour and the AO image is just perfect! Julie Ann xx