Tonight is my final watercolor class. I hate to have it end! Without a weekly class and some guidance from an experienced watercolorist, I don't know how much my painting skills will progress. I just know that without a class to motivate me, I'll not be as diligent about setting time aside to practice. Perhaps I'll have to create my own class using a book that I bought a while ago. It has a DVD but I haven't watched it yet.
I made this thank you card to give to my instructor. I painted the pumpkins and the foreground with watercolors, but couldn't resist adding some color and detail to the pumpkins with Gelatos and a very fine Pitt artist pen. I also sponged some blue distress ink around the outer edges. It's amateurish, but kinda cute. (Like moi! Wink.)
Thanks for popping in!
Supplies:
Brown and orange cardstock by Bazzill; Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper; Schmincke Horadam tube watercolors; very fine black Pitt artist pen; Faber Castell Gelatos; chipped sapphire distress ink.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment