Saturday, September 21, 2013

Elusive Ghost - 4x4

Here's another haunted Halloween chunky.


This one started with some scraps of torn patterned paper that I dry-brushed with white acrylic paint.  I then added some vintage Czech book text, stenciling with distress ink, a stamped crackle background, and a distressed rub-on.  The bat was stamped on plain vanilla cardstock, colored with pencils, trimmed closely, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder for dimension.  I added a layer of Crackle Accents to the tree branch for even more texture.  The English book text was found in my favorite1920s novel.

Wow!  This is my 500th post.  That does not seem possible.  When I started this blog, I wondered whether I'd be able to keep it up.   Guess I surprised myself (lol).  Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Medium weight chipboard coaster; patterned papers by Authentique; titanium white acrylic paint; Dylusions and Heidi Swapp stencils; vintage photo and dusty concord distress inks; My Mind's Eye distressed rub-ons; vintage book text; crackle background stamp (unknown); Stazon black ink; bat stamp from Oxford Impressions; Stampin' Up very vanilla cardstock; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; Versamark ink; clear embossing powder; Crackle Accents; dark and white charcoal pencils; Adirondack black acrylic paint dabber; soft gel medium.

1 comment:

ImagiMeri said...

Oh that is stunning! Your work is so gorgeous. I've got an event going on in the first part of November, and then after Thanksgiving I'll probably be making some arches, chunkies and ATC's for ARTzona. I'll let you know when I've got some goodies ready so we can trade.

Hugs,
Meri