I haven't given up on the idea of participating in a Halloween chunky swap, so I sat down last night to try my hand at another one. This time I started with one of my favorite spooky images: a bat from Oxford Impressions. I used this stamp last year to create these ATCs that were traded in record time.
I spend a lot of time building up the background layers on projects like this, and it's where I have the most fun. Even if the first layers end up largely obliterated by what is added on top, a little bit peeks through here and there to add depth and interest.
Happy hump day! Thanks for dropping in.
Supplies:
Medium weight chipboard coaster; patterned paper by Authentique; titanium white acrylic paint; Dylusions fresh lime ink spray; Heidi Swapp clock stencil; crackle background stamp; Ranger archival black ink; punchinella; dusty concord, rusty hinge, old paper, walnut stain, and black soot distress ink; bat stamp by Oxford Impressions; very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; vintage book text; My Mind's Eye distress rub-ons; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; white, peat, and burnt orange charcoal pencils; Adirondack black and espresso acrylic paint dabbers; Elmer's glue stick; Golden matte gel medium.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment