That sounds like the title of a mystery novel, doesn't it? But in this case, it refers to a couple of mini houses I made over the weekend.
 |
| The Eyes are the Windows to the Soul |
I had so much fun making this house. I started with patterned papers and vintage sheet music dry brushed with titanium white paint and inked up with pumice stone distress ink. The eyes were stamped separately on cardstock, trimmed closely, and adhered. I love how the Basic Grey rub-ons look like foliage hanging over the house.
 |
| Mild Eyes |
This house started with the same type of background, but the face was stamped on acetate to allow the background to show through. I found the text in my favorite 1920s novel and the number 12 rub-on indicates that this was the twelfth mini house I made during the marathon.
Have a fabulous day!
Supplies:
140 lb watercolor paper; Jenni Bowlin patterned papers; vintage sheet music; vintage dictionary text; titanium white acrylic paint; pumice stone distress ink; eye stamp by Hampton Art; face stamp by Hampton; doorway stamp by Silver Crow Creations; black Stazon ink; white cardstock; overhead transparency; white grunge rub-on by My Mind's Eye; charcoal pencil; foliage rub-on by Basic Gray; number rub-on by 7 Gypsies; Dresden trim; Adirondack black acrylic paint dabber.
No comments:
Post a Comment