Friday, July 12, 2013

Altered Monopoly Cards - Moo Houses

Green Green Grass of Home
After having so much fun using a Monopoly title/deed card to make this mini house, I went in search of a used Monopoly game so I could make more.  My mom and I went to Goodwill and two other thrift stores last weekend, but struck out.  A friend suggested I check Craigslist and...SCORE!  A complete Monopoly game for a mere $3, and the person lived less than four miles away.

Clockwork Orange
Once I had the game in my hands, I set about making these two additional mini houses.  I had a fabulous time doctoring up the cards with distress inks, rub-ons, and paint. Next I think I'll use one of the Monopoly cards for an ATC background.

Thanks for popping by!  
Have a fabulous Friday.





Supplies:
140 lb. watercolor paper; Monopoly game card; fine grit sandpaper; distress inks; clock and wine glass rub-ons (Michaels); number and flourish rub-ons (Basic Grey); white distressed rub-ons by My Mind's Eye; Adirondack acrylic paint dabbers (black, snow cap, and pearl); vintage floral bead.

No comments: