Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Step 3 Open Your Eyes - ATC

The use of altered slide mounts had already come and gone before I started doing mixed media collage and making ATCs, but that didn't stop me from buying some for cheap at a garage sale a couple of summers ago. I was reminded of them this week while perusing Artists' Journals and Sketchbooks by Lynne Perrella.  Although this book was published in 2004, I just purchased it last year and have found it inspiring and informative; and it includes four pages of altered slide mount samples!

This wooden leaf was the perfect size for my slide mount, which I covered with vintage sheet music and colored with distress inks.  I also colored the leaf with distress inks.  The half cent postage stamp (circa 1920s), atlas page, and book text are all vintage.

Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:
Black corrugated ATC blank (Creative Imaginations); black slide mount (Design Originals); vintage sheet music; vintage atlas page; vintage book text; wild honey, vintage photo, peeled paint, forest moss, and antique linen distress inks; wooden leaf (Recollections); vintage postage stamp and paper clip; fine orange mesh ribbon (from my mom's stash); Pitt sepia artist pen; charcoal pencil; Adirondack black acrylic paint dabber; matte gel medium.

No comments: