I still owed a Gothic arch to one of the participants of ARTzona 2013. Yesterday, when I came across the baggie of arches I had cut to take with me (but forgot to pack!), I felt the urge to go wild and just "git-r-done."
Except for the butterfly (Artchix Studio) and the eyeglass rub-on (Michaels), the ephemera I used to make this Gothic arch were in a pile of leftovers from previous projects: paper scraps, Crossword Lexicon game card (with circle already die-cut), postage stamp, an eye cut from a magazine, and book text. I did some rubber stamping, stenciled through punchinella, and created the circles using old plastic hair rollers and acrylic paint. Once everything was adhered, I outlined certain features with a myriad of tiny black dots using a Pitt artist pen.
This arch was so much fun to make! And it gives me a better idea of what size my focal images (such as the butterfly) need to be in order to create larger collages that are balanced and to scale. There's just no way to get around it: I will have to spend some time scanning and enlarging images if I want to create larger collages.
Thanks for dropping by! Happy Father's Day to all you dads, grandpas, and father figures out there.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment