Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day Bright With Sunshine

A friend asked some of us card makers whether we would be willing to send a card to a friend's daughter who was recently diagnosed with leukemia.  I said of course!  (Even though I find it hard to make cards for kids).  But this girl is 13 and many teenagers are pretty sophisticated these days, so I didn't feel the need to make a card for a child.

I made an easel card using these pretty papers by Authentique and the Spellbinders peony Nestabilities.  I made an indentation in the center of the flower petals to give them dimension.  Because I don't know the girl's prognosis, the inside sentiment simply says "Wishing you a day bright with sunshine."

After hitting 94 degrees yesterday (a record high), today we're back down to the 70s.  With a slight breeze and abundant sun, it's a glorious day in May.  I hope you're having the same.  Thanks for dropping by!

Supplies:
Black and white cardstock by Bazzill; patterned papers by Authentique; wish sentiment from Stampin' Up; Stazon black ink; peony Nestabilities by Spellbinders; Martha Stewart border punches; small oval and scalloped oval punches from Stampin' Up; rhinestone brad (unknown).

No comments: