Wednesday, May 8, 2013

2013 Art Calendar Challenge - May

Like most of my attempts to keep a diary or journal, my attempt in 2012 fizzled out after less than three months.  But you know the old saying:  If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!  So when I came across the Strathmore Visual Journal in which I had started my 2012 art calendars and found a background all ready to go, I decided to give it another try.


The background was painted with watercolors.  In honor of the flower seeds we sowed today, I used a round scalloped punch for the days of the week, adding the numbers and some doodling with markers to make each punch look like a flower.  The bright colors are making me happy.

To see other art calendars a la Kate Crane, please hop over to The Kathryn Wheel

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by my blog.

1 comment:

Annie said...

A cute month! I like the day numbers in the center of the circles. Good luck continuing!