Monday, December 24, 2012

Magpie Christmas Card

And now for something completely different...

Those of you who have followed my blog for a while know that I am not a glitter kind of gal.  I don't do a lot of sparkly cards.  But I have friends who can't resist anything shiny (I call them My Dear Magpies), so I thought I would try making something more to their liking.

I knew that I wanted to use the tree die from Spellbinders.  I die-cut the tree from Bazzill Bling cardstock and embellished it with blue and silver rhinestones.  For added texture, I embossed the silver background paper with snowflakes.

The sentiment from Artistic Outpost was stamped on shimmery white cardstock and heat embossed in silver for even more shine.

I think this is a card that any magpie would want to have in her nest.

Supplies:
Bazzill Bling cardstock; silver stationery paper; shimmery white cardstock from Stampin' Up; snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder; Spellbinders holiday tree; blue and clear self-stick rhinestones from Michaels; sentiment from Artistic Outpost; Versamark ink; silver embossing powder; rectangle and scalloped rectangle from Spellbinders; corner rounder punch; pop-dots.

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I would most certainly agree ... love how you decorated the beautiful holiday tree.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! The die cut tree looks wonderful on the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!