Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite Projects of 2012

On this final day of 2012, I thought I would revisit some of my favorite projects of the past year.  Since I didn't have enough for a Top 10 list, I've  grouped the items into three categories:  feminine, masculine, and ATCs.

This Valentine may be one of my favorite cards EVER.  It's hard for me to create "sweet" cards, but I really nailed it this time.

I sent this birthday card to a dear friend who is also a card maker.  It's a clean and simple card in a color combination that really pops.

Rounding out my favorite feminine cards of the year is this get well card that I sent to my aunt in November.  It features one of my favorite images, colored with Prismacolor pencils.

So many of the vintage images that I gravitate to work well on masculine cards.  I was super pleased with how the stamped background (the road map) turned out on this card; it's not a technique I've mastered.

Since I have a hard time stamping my own backgrounds, I rely heavily on patterned paper.  This card features papers from Basic Grey, one of my favorite vendors.

Most of my cards feature multiple layers and embellishments, like this card with the burlap and buttons.  (Burlap is the guy's version of bling.) 

I have loved making artist trading cards (ATCs), since I first learned about them several years ago.  There's a lot one can do in such a small space, as this ATC illustrates.  Gauze?  Beads?  A seashell?  No problem!

This ATC was made using a variety of scraps I had lying on my craft desk after several days of creating.  The graphics and color combination ended up being so interesting, and with very little effort.

A 1920s novel that I purchased at the Salvation Army store has turned out to be a reliable source of found poetry for just about any subject, as this eerie Halloween-inspired ATC shows.

I hope you enjoyed this photo montage of some of my 2012 favorites.  I look forward to sharing even more with you in 2013.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

SmilynStef said...

I think Coney Island is my favorite, but I love them all.