Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mr. November Gluebook Page

A 1929 children's book that I bought at a flea market has a wonderful art deco illustration as its endpaper and I've been itching to use it in a collage.  For this piece I used a copy, but the color is very true to the original.

The 1903 calendar page is original as is the letter N, which was cut from a 1930s card game called Crossword Lexicon.  I found Mr. November's photo at a local antique shop and was immediately taken by his lush mustache.

Thanks for visiting my blog! 


Supplies:
Strathmore Visual Journal; dusty concord and frayed burlap distress ink; vintage calendar page; vintage letter N; laser copy of vintage cabinet card; laser copy of 1929 children's book endpaper; new clipart from ArtChix Studio and K & Company; scrap of old sheet music; glue stick.

1 comment:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your Mr. November looks real good!TFS.Have a great day.
XO Marie