Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fraulein Collage

I made this collage in my visual journal using ideas provided by Mary Green in her February Green Paper Collage Club.  Because I am still developing my collage skills, I find it invaluable to have Mary's prompts and instructions.

I collaged a variety of vintage papers directly to my journal page using the blended paper technique, stamped the flourishes, and added some distress ink.  The German postage stamps were in a package of goodies from fellow collage artist Marie of Lost Bird Studio.  The photo was free clipart in a Somerset Studio magazine.

Looks like I'll have to shovel a little snow today.  Thankfully it's not too deep.  Have a great day!

Supplies:
Strathmore Visual Journal (watercolor 140 lb); various vintage text from a dictionary, geography textbook, sheet music, German prayer book, 1920s poetry book; white acrylic paint; frayed burlap and vintage photo distress ink; Stazon black ink; flourish stamps by Hero Arts, Inque Boutique, and The Unity Stamp Company; German postage stamps; free clipart photo; light charcoal pencil; matte gel medium.

1 comment:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Ella Jane,
great collage - love it.TFS and have a wonderful Sunday.
XO Marie