I've been itching to get back into making gluebook pages and I really want to get over my fear of tackling larger, mixed media collages on canvas. The solution came to me last weekend at Hobby Lobby, when I saw these Strathmore Visual Journals on sale. I bought the journal with 140 pound watercolor paper because it will hold up to multi-layer collages, acrylic paint, embellishments, and whatever else I want to add to it. Let the experimenting begin!
This 5x8 inch collage was inspired by the title of a book that was in a stack of ephemera from fellow artist Barb. The background page and Tutenkhamon image are from a 1930s art textbook that I bought last month at a flea market. The nine refers to the fact that Tutenkhamon ascended to the throne when he was just nine years old.
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Strathmore Visual Journal with 140 lb. watercolor paper; royal ruby and glorious gold metallic paint by DecoArt; white acrylic paint; Golden gel medium; text and images from a 1930s art textbook; title from an unknown book; gold chipboard "thickers" letter by American crafts; medium charcoal pencil.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment