Thursday, February 18, 2010

Steely-Eyed Dan

This is another card I created using papers from my scrap pile. I found one small piece of "drip and smash" background that I stamped my main image on. I then created a larger background piece using the same method. I love the color combinations you can create with the Adirondack inks.

If you think the guy on the right has spooky-looking eyes, it's because they consist of watch parts! Hence, he is "steely-eyed" Dan. (Fans of '70s rock will understand the reference.)

This card features stamps from Artistic Outpost, a great little company with fabulous vintage-themed designs. Just last night I cut and mounted two new sets that I hope to ink up very soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Artistic Outpost; black and chartreuse cardstock by Bazzill; eggplant cardstock unknown manufacturer; Ranger glossy white cardstock; black Stazon; Adirondack alcohol inks; Adirondack silver mixative ink; Tim Holtz film strip ribbon; screw brads; watch parts; pop dots.

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the collage background, and of course the Steel Eyes! Thanks so much for using Artistic Outpost images.

Anonymous said...

Hey lady, they are still playing BTW! And Love the card!

SmilynStef said...

Congrats on winning the February Referral at Artistic Outpost ... you really make their stamps sing.