Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Get a Man!

Ha ha!  Not really.  I was just looking for a fun title for this blog post.  Besides,  I've never been one to tell anyone what to do with their life.  For all I know you already have a man, or a woman, or a chicken that makes you perfectly happy.  However, I created this card to send to a friend of mine who is single AND who just happens to own a gun, so I think she'll appreciate the sentiment.

(c) 2016 Suitable for Framing

I started by randomly stamping the Holstein cow pattern from Artistic Outpost on a scrapbook paper that looks like an old newspaper.  My cowgirl (also from AO) was stamped on vanilla cardstock and colored with Prismacolor Premier pencils.  For her background I doctored up a patterned paper with white acrylic paint, a crackle background stamp and distress inks. The decorative border is a piece of Dresden trim.  Originally it was glossy white, so I sponged it with gathered twigs distress ink to make it work with my design.  It looked almost like a subtle gold in its final state.

(c) 2016 Suitable for Framing

This entire card was made with paper scraps from my bins.  Although I'm happy to be putting those scraps to good use, one card here or there is not the most efficient way to tidy up my art room.  Drastic measures may be required.

(c) 2016 Suitable for Framing

Thanks for popping by!  Have a wonderful day.

Supplies:
Black cardstock by Bazzill; miscellaneous patterned papers (unknown); stamps from Artistic Outpost; Ranger Archival black ink; vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; Ranger watering can ink; pumice stone and gathered twigs distress ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; crackle background stamp; Dresden trim; punchinella; Derwent light charcoal pencil; Colorbox white pigment ink.

4 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Love it! I was just eyeing this set and thinking I should make something with it as the women images are all fantastic! Your card is lovely and your friend is sure to get a chuckle!

A Mynah Production said...

Ha ha! What a fun card. Also, I've never thought of stamping on a pattern printed paper. Great idea!

Annie said...

Hahaha...Success! I came running based on your post title. Might not be able to get one, but if you're in need of getting rid of one, the gun will help. LoL. Your card looks great and it's fun!

Mrs.B said...

A great card, love the stamped background. I'm sure your friend will love this and the fun sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Artistic Outpost.
Avril