Monday, August 29, 2016

Sing

Earlier this month I shared with you this card that I made for our friend Ron who had surgery and was in the hospital.  Well, that poor guy is still in the hospital following some unexpected complications and two more surgeries.  I'm sending him another card, but first I created this card to send to his wife, Jackie.  She is one of my mom's closest friends and she's been pretty open about how stressful the situation has been.

(c) 2016 Suitable for Framing

Sometimes we forget that when someone has a protracted illness or hospital stay, it takes a toll on the family, too.  My mom and I experienced this first-hand after my dad was diagnosed with cancer.  So I wanted to let Jackie know that we are thinking of her and sending our love and support.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but sometimes a simple little boost like that can help a friend make it through a tough day.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:
Naturals ivory cardstock from Stampin' Up; patterned papers from my scrap bin; bird stamp from Stampington and Company; Ranger Archival black ink; antique linen and gathered twigs distress ink; punchinella; Martha Stewart border punch; oval and scalloped oval Nestabilities by Spellbinders; sing cut from an old book.

3 comments:

A Mynah Production said...

Hope things start getting better soon for your family friends. Beautiful card. The orange and teal is my favorite color combo :)

Annie said...

Boy did you get this post spot on! There are so many scenarios for this topic, where do I begin, which do I choose. The caregiver is so rarely thought of, so this card will be appreciated much more than you may even realize.

Janina Claywoman said...

Your cards would brighten up anyone's day, they are always soooo lovely! I have some friends in similar circumstances and yes, it does take it's toll on everyone... prayers going out for Jackie & Ron!!