Monday, March 30, 2015

Men in Hats - Moos

After spending quite a few hours cleaning in the basement on Saturday, I was ready to sit down and play for a while.  I decided to make a trio of moo cards using paper scraps left over from other projects.

(c) 2015 Suitable for Framing

I started by adhering patterned paper to watercolor paper cut to moo size (1 x 2.75 inches).  I altered the background by dry-brushing on titanium white acrylic paint and adding a background stamp.  My three gents in hats are by Artistic Outpost.  I stamped them on smooth vanilla cardstock and colored them with Prismacolor pencils before adhering them to the background.

(c) 2015 Suitable for Framing

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with my gents.  I'm thinking of mounting them on a solid substrate such as the cover of an old book.  And I may use the dictionary page that I used to make this scan, because the page has some fun words including cranky and crapulent, which means sick by intemperance (i.e., drunk!).  I just love old dictionaries.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day.

Supplies:
Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor paper; patterned paper; titanium white acrylic paint; wild honey, gathered twigs, pumice stone and vintage photo distress ink; French script background stamp by Stampin' Up; scratched grid background stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms; antique crackle background stamp unknown; very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; men in hats images from Artistic Outpost; Ranger Archival black ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; Tim Holtz rub-ons; Adirondack espresso acrylic paint dabber; Derwent peat charcoal pencils; vintage book text.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great! The dictionary page does look good as a background.

Annie said...

LOVE these moos!!! The colors are fabulous, the crops of the guys are fab, and the dictionary page is awesome! I must see what my elderly dictionary page for these words looks like. Sure makes for a fun background. Inspiring!...as usual!

A Mynah Production said...

Great idea! I think framing them together on a book cover would be fab!