I was making a birthday card for my dad and it just wasn't coming together. I put it aside to work on something else and left Dad's card for another time. When I came back to it, I decided I liked what I had completed so far and just needed to think a little harder on how to embellish it. I dug around in my supplies and eventually settled on big bronze eyelets and some twine.
I cut off enough twine to wrap through the eyelets three or four times and still had plenty left. I didn't want to waste it so I got the wild idea to finish it off with some macrame! I made quite a few macrame plant hangers back in the day and amazingly enough, remembered enough to add a few basic knots to Dad's card.
I have wanted to use this Huck Finn image by Artistic Outpost because it reminds me of a childhood photo of my dad. He's the one on the right, wearing the straw hat and holey overalls (hand-me-downs, no doubt). You may not be able to tell that there is a live bird sitting on his hat! That's his brother Jim on the left, holding another bird. The two of them used to get in quite a bit of trouble together when they were kids. Don't they look as if they could be in a Mark Twain novel?
Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a fabulous day!
Supplies:
Brown cardstock by Bazzill; various patterned papers; rubber stamps from Artistic Outpost; Ranger Archival black ink; margin from a vintage book; Prismacolor Premier pencils; oval Nestabilities by Spellbinders; large bronze eyelets; natural twine; forest moss and walnut stain distress ink; corner rounder punch.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Love the card-- and photo too!
Your cards are amazing. You could sell them for sure.
I really dig the picture too! How wonderful is that!
Great card! It came together well and looks gorgeously Rich. I never could get the hang of macrame or the desire to sit and tangle cords. LoL. But my plants were all suspended in macrame hangers. LOVE that photo of your Dad and Uncle. I guess one pant leg was so holey it separated! Love that! The adventures children had back then are such a far cry from the "non"adventures of children today.
Post a Comment