I didn't waste any time devising a plan for my first hand-drawn, hand-painted face: I decided to use it on a piece of mail art.
I made a #10 sized envelope out of heavy bristol paper to adhere the face to, wrapping the paper around the entire envelope. I further embellished it with a scrap of sheet music, washi tape, stamping, and a gold painted border.
I didn't do much to the address side of the envelope, but I'll show it here so you can see how I wrapped the image all the way around (that's the rest of my gal's magenta hair along the bottom). I want to make sure that the post office has no problem reading the address, so I toned down the background with some white gesso. As a final step, I sprayed both sides with an acrylic spray sealant.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great Friday.
Friday, November 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Very cool! Good use for your art. Happy Friday to you too!
It's so weird how something that was drawn on flat paper, as is, is beautiful...but then transform it into a functional object, in another shape and it's just outta this world! I love what you've done with it. :)
Post a Comment