Our basement got flooded last weekend, so I won't be making any art for a while. I didn't lose a lot of supplies: my collection of vintage books and sheet music mainly, in addition to some paper, a few magazines and art books, and the base of my work surface. But, whatever didn't get waterlogged had to be packed up quickly and moved out in order to remove the carpeting and start the drying process. And since the rest of the basement (including my home office), needs to be dealt with also, it will probably be a while before I'm able to set up shop to do any rubber stamping or mixed media work.I see this time as the perfect opportunity to do some cleaning, reorganizing, and decorating. And perhaps I can try my hand at painting outdoors, now that spring is on the horizon and my watercolor supplies were safe in another part of house. So I hope to post occasionally about topics that may be of interest to you.
I hope you're having a great weekend. Thanks for popping in!
1 comment:
So sorry to hear of your loss. We had flooding awhile back. Not fun. Take care!
Post a Comment