A chunky (as I understand it), is a 4x4 piece of art that includes dimensional embellishments on the front, top, right side, or bottom. You'll often see them with some type of fancy trim, dangling items such as beads or charms, or other "chunky" hardware that fits the theme of the piece. When people make chunkies for a swap, the left side is to remain free of embellishments so that the chunkies can be bound together to form a book.
My chunkies started with two coasters covered with patterned papers and vintage sheet music. I stamped a flourish and heat embossed it in gold before adding these beautiful clipart ladies that were in a kit I purchased at Mystic Paper in Mesa, Arizona (which sadly, is now closed). The labels are stamps from Darkroom Door. For embellishments I used Dresden trim and paper flowers accented with rhinestones.
It's not too late for me to add some danglies to the side (I thought about adding a few beads on a ribbon), but I am running out of time and choosing beads from my stash can be time-consuming.
Have a great Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment