This art journal page grew out of a need I felt late last night to create something, anything, in an effort to pull myself out of the slump I've been in.
I had no particular idea in mind for this page when I started. I first glued a variety of vintage paper scraps to the page, then added some white acrylic paint, distress ink, rubber stamping, and oil pastels. I doodled with my Sharpie paint pens along the top and bottom, didn't like how it looked, so I covered it up with some additional sheet music. Once I had my background, I went searching for an image or text to serve as a focal point. I looked through a folder of magazine and newspaper clippings that my grandmother had collected. Most of the articles pertain to gardening, landscaping, or house plants. For some reason, just a portion of one headline jumped out at me, "What's...best...for you?"
It's got me thinking.
Supplies:
Strathmore Visual Journal (watercolor 140 lb paper); miscellaneous vintage paper scraps; white acrylic paint; spun sugar, aged mahogany, and broken china distress ink; Stazon black ink; rubber stamps by Tim Holtz and Hero Arts; oil pastels; fine tip Sharpie marker; text from an old newspaper article.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great journal page, it has a wonderful vintage feel and I love the question it asks........!
xx
Gorgeous ... and great question ... would love to see the details up close ... wonderful.
Post a Comment